Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Husband's Decade-Long Skin Favorite: Ahava Soothing After Shave Moisturizer

Nearly 10 years ago, I traveled to Tel Aviv on company business. Before flying home, I spent significant time in duty-free shopping thanks to a delayed international flight. During my shopping spree I picked up some wonderful skin treats straight from the Dead Sea.

One of the most memorable purchases was Ahava's Soothing After Shave Moisturizer which I brought back for my husband. This light daily moisturizing cream is alcohol free and is designed to instantly address discomfort and irritation while smoothing fine lines. It is antibacterial and chalked full of natural Dead Sea minerals. Plus, it has little fragrance that could interfere with your guy's cologne.

While I wasn't sure if it was a hit or not, six months later my husband requested another bottle. No problem...I was all over it. The challenge: where to buy it. In 1999 Ahava products were not readily available in the U.S. On occasion I would see their hand or foot cream at high-end boutiques or department stores, but no men's products. Finally I did locate an online merchant who shipped products to the U.S. But then the long wait began as the after shave traveled from Israel, through U.S. customs, and finally to my mailbox. It was an eternity. But my husband was happy and so it was worth the wait.

Thankfully Ahava's men products are now very accessible worldwide. Good thing...as he must be on bottle number 20.

Purchase info: Ahava Soothing After Shave Moisturizer is available at many retailers, including Drugstore.com and AhavaUS.com. It retails for $28.00 (1.7 oz pump bottle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...