Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Best of 2009: My 10 Favorite Finds

I want to thank my readers for all of your support during my first year of blogging. I've enjoyed going on this journey with you as we've explored beauty hits and misses throughout the year.

In celebration of the year's end, I'm highlighting my 10 favorite finds of 2009. These are items that I used for the first time in 2009. Some of these products made their debut in 2009, while others have been around for much longer. Note: I am NOT including any of my tried-n-true products that I used in 2008 or earlier.  

And here they are...in no particular rank or order:


1. La Mer The Powder: Finally...a silky loose finishing powder that does not dry out my skin or make me oily with extra shimmer. The Cream shade is perfect for my skin tone. This big jar will last forever!


2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum: Yes, you can regrow brow waxing boo-boos with this amazing product. I experienced brow regrowth in areas that had not seen hair for years.


3. emerginC vitamin C serum: It took me over a year to find the right vitamin C product to include in my skin care routine. This light weight serum contains few ingredients and is one of the most stable vitamin C products on the market.

4. Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak: This is the deep conditioner that I continually reach for at least once a week. I also use it as a regular conditioner when I travel to drier or colder climates. It provides just the right amount of hydration, shine, and manageability. Plus, the big tub is VERY economical when compared to high-end hair salon conditioning products.


5. LaLicious Sugar Soufflé Scrubs: Here is another economical product that holds its own when compared with higher end products. This is an awesome natural scrub that is made right here in California. So far...I've loved all of the fragrance options, but my personal favorite is Sugar Kiss!



6. Benefit Brow Bar: My overly waxed (and tweezed) brows were finally brought back to a more natural state thanks to the lovely Crystal at my local Ulta. She works in the Benefit Brow Bar and is an artist extraordinaire! I'm never picking up my tweezers again.



7. Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme: My parched hands are soft again... all because of this drugstore wonder. Plus, the 2.7 oz tube is small enough to carry on the plane!


8. Zoya Nail Polish in Akyra: I'm utterly addicted to this peacock blue/teal shade of nail polish. I've gone as far as to buy matching accessories in this same shade!

9. Bobbi Brown Chrome Palette: I'm a sucker for Bobbi's palettes, but I didn't expect to fall in love with this one. It took me out of my warm brown/beige comfort zone by introducing me to some new cool icy shades. It's clever design also prevents eye shadow fallout on the glosses and vice versa.


 
10. Trish McEvoy (the person and the brand): Prior to 2009, I had never visited a Trish counter or tried any of her products. Now one year later...I can say without a doubt this is my favorite makeup brand. From her fabulous brushes to her innovative Treatment Foundation to her unique makeup palette system, I'm smitten. But what makes the brand truly stand out is the visionary behind the products. Trish is an approachable individual who is passionate about her work. One of my 2009 bright spots was meeting Trish in person at a local event. She led a workshop that totally changed my beauty thinking and reminded me how important it is to do what you love! Thank you Trish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...