Monday, November 2, 2009

A Quick Transition from Summer to Fall: Trish McEvoy Instant Pick-Me Allover Face Color Quad

Fall is my favorite season of the year hands down. But one of my challenges is successfully transitioning my makeup from summer to fall. Starting in mid-October, I need some extra color to avoid the pasty-face look. Anyone with a fair complexion will know exactly what I'm talking about. And extra blush or a glowing highlighter is NOT, I repeat NOT, the answer.

The past several weeks I've been experimenting with the new Trish McEvoy Instant Pick-Me Allover Face Color Quad. It is a neutral face quad that includes a bronzer, a luminizer, a highlight, and a blush. You can use each color individually, or swirl together for a custom look. I prefer the second method.

I've been swirling my fluffy bronzer brush across all of the colors and applying light sweeps to my upper cheekbones, the edges of my forehead, and the tip of my nose — the places where the sun naturally kisses your face. It adds just a touch of natural-looking color with a hint of sparkle. I especially like that this color combination does not turn orange or dark brown on my skin, which is a problem that I have with most bronzers. Plus, this product is not super shiny or frosty where you have to worry about precise placement. Sometimes highlighters look so unnatural even with expert blending. After applying the face quad, I then use a small amount of my blush of choice to the apples of my cheeks. It's a perfect fall combination.

If you need a little fall pick-me-up, be sure to give this beauty a try!

Purchase info: Trish McEvoy Instant Pick-Me Allover Face Color Quad is available at your local Trish counter. It retails for $42.00. Note, the compact is sold separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...