Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Practical Toiletry Traveling Companion: The Container Store Overnight Organizer Bag



I've been searching for a practical, travel-sized toiletry bag for years. (And, I've tried at least 10!)  I didn't want a fancy design or a high-end name brand bag, but rather one that just holds my stuff without taking up extra space in my carry-on or suitcase. Plus, it must be easy to clean. I've ruined many a bag due to accidental spillage from liquid items.

About a year ago, I discovered my holy-grail bag at The Container Store. Their Overnight Organizer Bag is ideal for a quick weekend trip or for a week or more away from home. It's neatly split into three compartments to help me organize my products. The bottom section includes a stand-up section with mesh pockets for holding small bottles, such as shampoo, conditioner, perfume, or lotion. In front of the pockets, there is generous space for other toiletries that don't need to stand upright to prevent leakage. The next two sections have small zippered pockets for housing smaller items, including dental floss, cosmetics, cotton balls, etc. Behind the top pocket, there is also a flap that is perfect for stashing away a comb, a foil sheet of over-the-counter medications (decongestants), or a snack-sized baggy filled with cotton swabs. 

One of my favorite features is the hook. It enables me to hang my bag behind the bathroom door or from the towel rack as most hotel bathrooms don't have extra counter space for your stuff.

If you're planning a trip away this holiday season, add this bag to your shopping list. Better yet, pick up one for you and another for a gift. Happy travels!

Purchase info: The Container Store Overnight Organizer Bag is sold exclusively at The Container Store locations and their web site. It usually retails for $24.99, but right now it is on sale for $19.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...