Monday, November 23, 2009

New Season, New Sunscreen Formula: Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++

Well it's not quite winter here in sunny SoCal, but my skin certainly thinks it is. Lately I've been having to switch out my tried-n-true products for more nourishing formulas.

One of my recent switches was to Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++. Previously, I had been using the lotion version with great success (see previous post), but with the change of weather my face needed something more hydrating. Rather than try a completely different line, I picked up a free sample of the sunscreen cream at my local Sephora.

I faithfully applied the new sunscreen under my makeup for more than a week. I find I need at least a week to try a new skin care product before I can determine its effectiveness and rule out any ingredient sensitivities.

The verdict...I couldn't be happier! I love that both formulas apply evenly, are fast absorbing, and do not leave any white residue or grease. They also play nicely with other skincare and makeup products. And my skin does not break out or show any other negative side effects. While I may switch back to the lotion formula on warmer or more humid days, the sunscreen cream will carry me through spring.

Purchase info: Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++ is available at select department stores, Sephora, and Sephora.com. It retails for $34.00 (2 oz. tube).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...