Monday, November 9, 2009

My New Fall Fragrance: Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao Cologne

About the same time that I replace my summer skincare products with richer more hydrating formulas, I make a  fragrance switch. I put away the beachy, light florals, and fruity scents in favor of warmer notes. Think...vanilla, cinnamon, and chocolate.

One of my favorites this season is Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao Cologne, a fragrance that was introduced in 2006. While it is officially grouped into the floral category according to the folks at Jo Malone, I pick up on its other notes, specifically vanilla, musk, cinnamon, and cacao (chocolate). There's even a little bit of grapefruit, lime, and agava, but it doesn't seem to overpower the warmer notes. It's a lovely blend that is really unlike other fragrances I've worn.

Blue Agava & Cacao also pairs well with other fragrances that I already own. One of my favorite combos is with Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue. Together, they create a warm, sweet gourmand aroma that makes me want to dive into a bowl of candy or drink hot chocolate. For a more fruity blend, I will combine Blue Agava & Cacao with Trish McEvoy No. 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk. As you can see, the options are endless for a truly customized fall scent!

My only complaint...I wish its staying power was longer. To me, nothing tops the fragrance longevity as the Bond No. 9 perfumes.

Purchase info: Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao Cologne is available at select Bloomingdale's, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, and other retailers. You can also purchase directly online from Jo Malone. Prices start at $55.00 for 30 ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...