Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Beautiful Brows with Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings

Several months back I raved about my waxing experience at the Benefit Brow Bar at my local Ulta (see previous post). What I didn't mention was the thorough brow touch-up after my waxing. Unlike the estheticians at most day spa or salons, the Benefit brow artist spent nearly 10 minutes neatly styling my brows.

One of the products she used was Benefit Brow Zings — all of the tools you need for clean, smooth, perfectly-defined brows. This compact packaged product includes a soft, pigmented wax that defines and shapes brows and a color complementing setting powder to fill in the sparse areas, plus a small pair of tweezers, a hard angle brush, and a blending brush.

My favorite product is the wax. On some days this is all I need for perfectly tamed brows with a touch of color. If I have "holes" that I need to fill in, I will reach for the setting powder. While the small tweezers and brushes are great for travel, I prefer to use my own tools for everyday use since they have longer handles and are easier to maneuver.

Before purchasing, you may want to test the colors. From my experience, I found that I had to go at least a shade lighter than I expected. I have medium brown/auburn brows and I use "light," which is typically recommended for light blonde to light brown hair. If you have light brows, it may be a challenge to find the right color match.

Purchase info: Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings are available at your local Benefit counter, including Ulta and Sephora, as well as Benefit.com. Brow Zings retail for $30.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...