Monday, November 16, 2009

Airbrushed to Perfection: Sephora Professionnel Platinum Air Brush #55

I can't help myself, but I have an out-of-control makeup brush addiction. Just as soon as I read something positive about a new brush, I'm out the door headed to the nearest mall or department store before they are sold out. But more often than not, I'm disappointed with the brush's quality...it is too soft to "pick up" product or it irritates my sensitive skin with with its coarse bristles. Or worse yet, the bristles won't stop shedding! I hate that.

Last week there was non-stop chatter on MakeupAlley about the Sephora Brand Professionnel Platinum Air Brush #55. Its praises included anything from "the moment it spreads your foundation, angels will sing and a celestial light will shine upon you" to "abso-freaking-lutely!" So, of course I added this baby to my "friends and family" 20% off discounted order.

The Professionnel Platinum Air Brush #55 is a liquid foundation applicator designed to achieve a flawless, airbrushed look. Build from light to heavy with ease as you continue application — your results will be perfect at every level of coverage. This brush's synthetic Taklon hairs create optimal payoff with liquid foundation formulas. Their shape and high-grade nylon composition help to ensure a natural, smooth look.

To get the best results, I apply one pump of liquid foundation to the back of my hand. Then, I gently stipple the foundation with the brush to spread the product evenly across the brush head and start blending the foundation where I need coverage. My foundation spreads effortlessly without any streaks, and I don't have to go back over the area with a sponge or my fingers like I often do with other brushes. By using this brush, I'm also finding that I use less product and my foundation stays put all day.

If you're just getting started with your own brush collection or need a replacement foundation brush, be sure to pick it up the next time you visit Sephora.

Purchase info: Sephora Brand Professionnel Platinum Air Brush #55 retails for $34.00 at your local Sephora and Sephora.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...