Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tried-n-True Tuesdays: Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Serum

I'm utterly addicted, and my face can't thank me enough. Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Serum is one of those products that unexpectedly made its way into my routine at a Nordstrom Beauty Trend show. And after two weeks of use, I was completely under its spell to the point that I nearly cried when I spilled half a bottle on my bathroom vanity.

So what's inside my latest addiction? The Beauty Booster Serum is a skin-perfecting cocktail containing a high percentage of hyaluronic acid -- a powerful humectant that literally trains your skin to be a moisture magnet. According to the manufacturer, hyaluronic acid and dual-action peptides work in synergy to attract and retain moisture as well as stimulate natural collagen production. The addition of powerful antioxidants works to rejuvenate skin and protect it against damaging free radicals.

My own translation...this unique combination of ingredients works to balance out your skin's moisture levels (you know those spots that are either too dry or oily). For the past two summers, my face has turned into an oil slick during the summer. In retrospect I was causing the damage. I was stripping away my natural oils with the wrong cleansers and going overboard with my exfoliation to the point that my face started overcompensating by producing even more oil. By incorporating the Beauty Booster Serum into my routine, as well as going easy on my products, I've been able to normalize my skin. Goodbye oil!

I've also found that by using a few more drops with my foundation helps to alleviate those dry flaky areas around my chin. These spots surface about an hour or two after applying my foundation, especially as the weather starts to change or when I visit a drier climate.

The only downfall to this product... I go through it too quickly. But I'll make the sacrifice to not buy that extra pair of shoes or eat out as often. Seriously!

How to use: For optimal results, use twice daily. Using the dropper spread 3-5 drops between clean hands and apply onto clean, dry face and neck, just after washing and/or exfoliating. Add additional tiny drops beneath eyes to instantly recharge eye area with vibrancy and on top of the eyelid to perfect its surface.

Purchase info: Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Serum is available at your local Trish counter or online at Trish McEvoy.com. It retails for $125 (1 oz. bottle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...