Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tried-n-True Tuesdays: Tony Little Micropedic Pillow by HoMedics

Are you getting your 7 to 8 hours of beauty sleep each night? While we can use concealers, highlighters, illuminizers, eye creams, and a gazillion other products to mask our sleepless nights, nothing will make us look (and feel) better than a good night's sleep. Seriously.

During the past two years, I've transitioned from a stomach (bad...I know) to a side sleeper. This change has required me to rethink my pillow options. In the past, I always chose a flat, soft pillow. But now I reach for a thicker and denser pillow. And since I'm prone to allergies and sinus issues, I must avoid the down feather and buckwheat options or I'll wake up with humongous swollen eyes. Not pretty at all!

While on my new pillow journey, I've tried just about everything on the market. And I still wasn't satisfied until my friend Deanna introduced me to one of her HSN splurges...the Tony Little Micropedic Pillow by HoMedics. You see Deanna was suffering with insomnia so much that it was driving her to watch the HSN channel until the wee hours of the morning. It was during one of their featured shows that she discovered the pillow that changed my sleeping life for the better.

So what exactly distinguishes this pillow from others available on the market? According to the HSN web site, the Micropedic Pillow is designed to instantly contour to your head and neck, giving you a customized sleep surface and lasting support. The exclusive chamber design with its micropedic beads helps your pillow retain its shape and virtually eliminates the need for constant fluffing. The therapeutic support allows for proper spine and neck alignment to have you counting zzzs for hours on end, and a luxurious spandex pillow liner stretches and molds with your every movement. In other words...the unique cradle design combined with the tiny beads. (The beads remind me of miniature Styrofoam balls.)

And I was hooked after my first night. I finally felt like my head was supported properly and I could stay comfortable all night without having to toss and turn. I've been so impressed that I've taken this pillow just about everywhere with me to avoiding losing a good night's sleep. Yes, I'll even leave out an extra pair of shoes in my suitcase, if necessary.

It's been over two years now, so I've reordered myself two more pillows. I can't wait to count even more precious zzzs.

Purchase info: Tony Little Micropedic Pillows by HoMedics are available on HSN.com. They are sold in packages of two along with two pillow cases for $79.98. You'll want to use their pillow cases as they fit the pillow's unique design. I prefer to also put a regular pillow case over their special case for extra protection.

Important: Please note that HSN is currently sold out of the pillows. I believe that they were featured last week on the HSN channel and this has depleted their inventory. But be patient as they are worth the wait. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...