Friday, October 9, 2009

A Little Hand Therapy: Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme

Last weekend while I was traveling, I experienced the worst case of dry, cracked hands. I blame it on all of the extra washing and purifying products that I was using. You can never be too careful in airports during the flu season!

After trying some of my own creams, I finally gave up and made a quick trip to CVS. I roamed the lotion aisle and picked up a tube of Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme. While I had never used the product before, I was intrigued by its claims.

According to its packaging, the hand creme contains alpha hydroxy to gently exfoliate dry, damaged skin while intensive moisturizers keep your skin protected and smooth. Plus, it boasts a non-greasy formula that absorbs quickly and is unscented. Perfect...as I can't handle any fragrances in my lotions or creams.

After one application, my hands were smoother without being greasy. I felt like I had an extra layer of protection that was guarding my hands against the outside elements. While I don't know if the smoothness was just on the surface, I do know that my hands were not continuing to crack. For me, the hand cream was a great weekend pick-me-up with a low drugstore price. And its tube is less than 3 ounces so you can take it on the plane!

One important note: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.

Purchase info: Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme is available at most drug stores and drugstore.com. It retails for approximately $5.50 (2.7 oz tube).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...