Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Hit and a Miss: Bobbi Brown New Fall Long-Wear Eye Makeup


The Hit Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Forest Shimmer Ink: I've been a fan of Bobbi's gel eyeliners for several years as their staying power is utterly AMAZING. This stuff just doesn't budge. But I started getting in a rut with my colors. I used either Espresso or Chocolate Shimmer...both are neutral browns. Espresso is more of a brown/black and Chocolate Shimmer is a cooler toned brown with a little extra sparkle. This fall Bobbi debuted Forest Shimmer, which is still very much a neutral shade but it tends to be on the greener side of the spectrum with golden highlights. And let me say that it is gorgeous on dark hazel eyes. It's weird, but my eyes have changed with age and I'm having to adapt to hazel eyes now. This shade brings out both the brown and green in my eyes. Definitely a keeper. (Note: The color swatched above seems browner than the actual product, so you probably want to test first before purchasing in order to get the most accurate color representation.)

Purchase info: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner is available at local Bobbi Brown counters and on Bobbi Brown.com. It retails for $21.00.

Tip: To help preserve the integrity of the eyeliner and keep it from drying out, I store mine upside down. Trust me, it just works!


The Miss — Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadows: How could you take an award-winning formula and totally mess it up? I guess it just happens. Like the gel eyeliners, I've used Bobbi's cream eyeshadows for years and loved their smooth, creamy consistency. They always applied like a dream. However, the new metallic shades (8 colors in all ) are tacky and near impossible to spread evenly. I've tried applying it with both my fingers and Bobbi's Cream Shadow brush and it just seems to skid across my lids leaving chunks of glitter behind. I'm left with this glittery mess that reminds me of an elementary school art project. Yuck....this one was returned in less than 24 hours, and I was really disappointed as I wanted something new (and sparkling) for a special evening out or a holiday party.

Purchase info: If you're still inclined to give them a try, Bobbi Brown's Metallic Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadows are available at your local counter or Bobbi Brown.com. They retail for $22.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...