Friday, September 11, 2009

An Unexpected GWP Treasure: Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick

Even with my over-the-top organization, I will randomly forget items in my own beauty drawers. (I have 3 designated product drawers to be exact.) Recently, I found a Clinique gift with purchase item that I don't recall ever receiving. Did I get it in a makeup swap with a buddy, or actually pick it up at my local Clinique counter?

Who knows...in any case, I discovered the Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick (in Rosy Blush) by complete accident. The GWP product is roughly the same size as a small, retractable travel blush or kabuki brush (Note: the example shown on this posting is the full-size version). You know the ones that pop up after you remove their lids. Once opened, I found a convenient cream blush offering a medley of colors, including yellows, pinks, and roses. I know that description may be hard to follow...just think not too pink or rose. It's probably the yellow that helps warm up the colors so that they aren't super cool in tone. I always like blush colors that straddle both warm and cool shades.

While the blush can be easily applied with a swipe to the cheek and blending with your fingers, I preferred using my MAC 187 Dual Fibre Brush (aka skunk brush) to apply cream-based blushes. I find that this brush gives a more even application without the "clown cheek" effect. Once applied, I used a little setting powder to help lock in the color.

And surprisingly, the color stayed put all day, even during one of our more humid summer days in Southern California. In fact, it lasted longer than my favorite Bobbi Brown pot rouge (see previous post).

Hmm...guess I'll be rummaging through my drawers to see what other unexpected treasures I may find!

Purchase info: Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick is available at your local Clinique counter, as well as Clinique.com. It retails for $18.50 and is available in four shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...