Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tried-n-True Tuesdays: MAC Duo Fibre Face Brush #187

I've alluded to the MAC 187 brush in multiple posts, but neglected to put it in the Tuesday spotlight. Well...Mr. 187, this is your day!

While I'm not a huge MAC fan (my apologies to all of the MAC lovers), I do have a handful of the company's products that I adore. The Duo Fibre Face Brush #187 is one of them. I love it so much that I actually own two of the same brush. One for creamy-based items, and one for powder.

The 187 is a large full circular brush made from a soft blend of goat hair and synthetic fibers. These babies are my go-to brushes for lightly applying cream blushes, highlighters, or extra pigmented items, such as Bobbi Brown pot rouges (see previous post) or Jane Iredale PurePressed Mineral Blushes. Using this brush, you pick up just the right amount of color and can easily blend any of the edges. I know they are also popular for applying liquid foundation; however, I've yet to master its application with the 187.

If you're looking to add a versatile brush to your collection, this is a must-have for any makeup aficionado.

Purchase info: The MAC Duo Fibre Face Brush #187 is available at MAC counters and freestanding stores, as well as MAC Cosmetics.com. It retails for $42.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...