Monday, September 21, 2009

A Healthy Boost of Vitamin C: emerginC vitamin c serum

For the past year, I've been striving to incorporate vitamin C into my beauty routine as it is recognized as one of the most age-fighting ingredients on the market. Of course, my sensitive skin interfered and nearly detoured my good intentions. I got it all...from major breakouts to dry patches to red blotchy (and downright frightening) irritations.

After trying nearly 10 different products, I was starting to think that the vitamin C itself was the culprit. So...I experimented with different percentages of vitamin C to see if I was using something too strong for my skin type. Wrong...there must have been something else in those other products that were causing the problems.

At a recent facial, I shared my store with my esthetician. She recommended that I try emerginC vitamin C serum. It is described as a liquid facial serum that has one of the most stable, high concentration of vitamin C (12%) on the market. According to the company, this product touts the following results:
  • Fights free-radical damage to prevent skin from the aging process.
  • Improves skin tone and texture.
  • Calms irritations.
  • Fights sun damage.
  • Improves pigmentation problems.
While I can't speak to all of these results, I can say that emerginC vitamin C serum works beautifully with my skin (and plays nicely with my other facial skincare products). To date, my overall skin tone and texture seems improved.

What I do love most right now is the form factor of the product. One of the challenges with vitamin C is preserving it from the oxidation process. Once you open the bottles on most serums, you let oxygen in and it starts to deteriorate the effectiveness of product. With emerginC vitamin C serum, the vitamin C is encapsulated in small beads that are opened (and exposed) only with each pump. In other words, you only expose the tiny bit of product that you are using while the rest of the product remains protected.

I also appreciate the fact that the product is paraben-free, free of synthetic fragrances and colors, and made of the highest quality ingredients--sourcing naturally wherever possible--for maximum effectiveness. In addition, emerginC does not use animal ingredients and do not test on animals. And, in the company's ongoing support of the environment, all of its product boxes are made from 100% recycled paper (35% post-consumer), and are printed with non-toxic vegetable-based inks. Gotta love the green factor!

Stay tuned for the rest of the story. I'll give a full review after I test run the product for the next three or four months.

How to use: Each morning and/or evening apply a small amount (1 pump) on clean skin to face and neck areas. Keep in a cool place for maximum stability. It is advised to hydrate the skin following application with your favorite moisturizer.

Purchase info: emerginC vitamin C serum is available at select day spas and emerginC.com. It retails for $75 (30 ml bottle). The company also offers a 20% vitamin C serum for those who need intensive treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...