Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Gee-Whiz, Brow Accelerator: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned my amazing visit to the Benefit Brow Bar inside my local Ulta (see previous post). Yes...I'm still raving about it and have already booked my next appointment!

During my visit, I asked if there was anything that I could use to accelerate the growth of my overly-waxed left brow from earlier in the year. My helpful makeup artist Crystal directed me to Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum. I'll admit that I was pretty skeptical about any cosmetic product designed for this purpose. However, I was willing to keep an open mind and give it a whirl.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum is described as a unique gel-based formula designed to help condition thin, over-plucked, and undernourished eyebrows. It is applied two times a day using the self-applicator. And it can be used in conjunction with brow powders and pencils. (I've had no problems using it with both types of brow products.)

While the company makes no specific claims, it does state that the product "...creates an ideal environment for hair growth. Results vary by individual."

Believe it or not...the serum is actually working. I'm starting to see new brow hair growth in previously sparse areas. I won't stay that it's a miracle product, but it is doing something on both brows. And in my case, something is better than nothing. Of course, the true test would be to do a control test on just one brow. However, I actually have one brow that grows faster than the other so this test probably wouldn't be that accurate.

Would I buy it again? Maybe...it just all depends if I have another brow disaster. If not, I'll just let Mother Nature do her own work.

Purchase info: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum is available at Ulta, Sephora, Nordstrom, and other department stores with Anastasia counters. It retails for $36 (4.8 g/.17 oz tube).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...