Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Buttery, Calorie-Free Treat for Your Lips: Korres Guava Lip Butter

Those marketing folks know where to strategically position those beauty impulsive purchase items...like candy or gum near the grocery store checkout counters. Last week I caved on the Korres Lip Butters displayed near the cash register at my local Ulta. I've heard good things about the Lip Butters, so I thought, why not?

After quickly looking at the testers, I chose Guava (the clear, no color option). I swiped the colored versions (Plum, Wild Rose, Quince, and Pomegranate), but I thought they were too berry or pink toned for my complexion. I picked the safest option since I really was only wanting a lip balm, not a gloss.

And, I have been pleasantly surprised! I've applied the Guava Lip Butter before going to bed and my lips have been incredibly soft each morning. I've also used it underneath my Bobbi Brown Lip Crayon to keep my lips hydrated during the day and enable a smoother application of the Lip Crayon. My color has stayed on longer and the shiny finish is very natural. It's not tacky or fake plastic-y (is this a word?). Plus, I love the fruity fragrance. Yum!

The only negatives are that the Lip Butters do not contain SPF. (I'm trying to do a better job of using sunscreen on my lips.) And, I don't really enjoy sticking my finger in the small pot to apply. I'm somewhat of a germ freak and I'd rather use a hands-free applicator for my lip balm.

Despite the negatives, this one is a keeper. If you're in the market for a new lip balm, give the Korres Lip Butters a try. I especially appreciate that they are formulated without parabens, sulfates, petro-chemicals, and other undesired ingredients.

Purchase info: Korres Lip Butters are available at Ulta and Sephora for $9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...