Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Two Wet Pits: Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant/Antiperspirant

I've never had a sweat problem. In fact, I think I have the average woman's production of perspiration. But recently a newly tried deodorant/antiperspirant product made me think otherwise.

At the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I purchased Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant/Antiperspirant. This cult favorite is praised for its gentle and effective formula that controls wetness and perspiration all day long. Plus, it is delicately scented with the widely popular Cashmere Mist fragrance.

While the fragrance was light -- reminiscent of baby powder -- and it kept me smelling fresh throughout the day, the product's ability to control wetness was nil, nothing, zero. Yeah, it was that bad. In fact, I think I would have been better off not wearing any antiperspirant.

I applied the product after my morning shower and ran out to do errands and walk my dogs. When I came home, I could not believe the wet rings underneath my arms. It looked like a ran a marathon during a heat wave. And it wasn't even 75 degrees outside. I shudder to think what would have happened if I wore it during my gym workout. Pure nastiness or worse!

So...my recommendation is to skip the Donna Karan cult favorite unless you just want deodorant protection sans antiperspirant. If you're on the lookout for a new product, I'd recommend Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant Cream hands down (see previous post for details).

Purchase info: Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant/Antiperspirant is available at Nordstrom, Sephora, and other fragrance retailers. Prices start at $12.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...