Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Leave-in Conditioner Replacement #1: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-in Conditioning Cream

If you remember, several weeks ago I was mourning the discontinuation of my holy grail leave-in conditioner, Kiehl's Leave-in Hair Conditioner (see previous post).

So I did some Web surfing and read product reviews for other leave-ins. One of the products that consistently received stellar reviews was Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-in Conditioning Cream. Best of all, it cost less than $4.

According to Garnier, it is a weightless leave-in conditioning cream that can be used every day to improve texture, moisturize, and defend against humidity for long-lasting sleek, shiny hair. I picked up a bottle at my neighborhood Target and gave it a go. To be fair, I used it three times just to make sure I could report accurately.

On my first try, my hair air dried beautifully without frizz and had tons of extra shine. So far I was liking this stuff. But the second time, I didn't quite get the same results. My hair appeared damaged and very wiry. And on the third application, my hair looked greasy and frizzy. And it felt very brittle. Yuck! At this rate, I would have probably had better results without any leave-in. And to get my hair back to its original state, I had to apply my weekly deep conditioner twice!

Sigh...unfortunately, I'm back to the drawing board. I did manage to find a couple more bottles of Kiehl's through an online vendor. This will keep me stocked for at least 3-4 months. In the mean time, I'll keep trying other products and will report my results.

Purchase info: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-in Conditioning Cream is available at drug stores nationwide. It retails for approximately $3.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...