Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's All About the Hands: OPI Avoplex Nail Cuticle Oil to Go

I don't get professional manicures as I'd rather save my money and indulge in other beauty treats. But recently I received a free manicure coupon from my favorite local day spa. Of course, I jumped on the opportunity. However, after getting a good look at my hands I was now embarrassed to show up and let the manicurist see my snarled, dry cuticles, as well as the overall skin surrounding my nails.

So...with less than a week to prep, I popped into my favorite beauty supply store to get something nourishing for my cuticles. One of the first items that caught my eye was OPI Avoplex Cuticle Oil to Go. It was a nifty pen-shaped device that is designed for easily application of cuticle oil. I'm always a sucker for packaging. I tried the tester and was pleased by the gel consistency of the product. In my opinion, it was thicker than most cuticle oils so I didn't have to worry about it running all over my hands. Plus, it had an inviting tropical, watermelon scent.

I impulsively bought the item and have now been applying it twice a day for the past 5 days. And, oh what a difference it has made! My ragged cuticles are softer, my nails are shiny, and my overall hand self-confidence level is at a new high. Now I'm officially ready for the manicure!

Purchase info: OPI Avoplex Nail Cuticle Oil to Go is available at most beauty supply stores, as well as Drugstore.com. Prices vary from $4.50 to $8.00. I purchased mine for approximately $4.99 for .25 fl oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...