Monday, August 17, 2009

Is It a Cookie Mix or a Scrub?: Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Scrub

I'm a body scrub addict. I just can't seem to function without rotating two or three different ones in my shower.

My latest addition was Laura Mercier Almond Milk Scrub. I had been lusting after this product for months after using another one of the brand's luxurious bath products. Finally, I bit the bullet this summer when Laura Mercier was offering a 50% sale and I needed to add another item to my shopping cart to avoid paying the shipping costs. (And no...sadly this item was not 50% off.)

Once I made room in my shower, I took this baby out for a test drive. And, boy was I surprised. When I first opened the jar and scooped out a handful of scrub, I was immediately taken back by its consistently. It was super creamy with chunks of sugar granules and exfoliating beads unlike most sugar or salt scrubs. And it smelled and looked just like cookie dough, specifically oatmeal cookie dough. After rubbing it on my skin, I felt its gentle exfoliating properties go to work as it removed dead skin cells on the surface.

However, the real surprise was after I rinsed off the product and dried my skin. My skin wasn't very soft and I needed to reach immediately for a thick body lotion. It definitely didn't have the same level of moisture as my other favorites, Fresh Sugar Scrub or LaLicious Sugar Soufflé Scrub (see previous post). When I use these scrubs, I typically do not need to apply lotion afterward. They provide oodles of extra moisture on their own.

While the Almond Milk Scrub smells fantastic, it did nothing me. I'll probably end up just using it as shaving cream until I finish the jar. Maybe next time I'll get a sample first before purchasing!

Purchase info: Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Scrub is available at Nordstrom, Sephora.com, and Laura Mercier.com. It retails for $46 (12 oz. jar).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...