Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tried-n-True Tuesdays: Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks

I love a dual-purpose product, especially when it works well for both of its intended purposes. One that I constantly reach for throughout the year is Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks. This cream-based stain is beautiful for both lips and cheeks. It is my out-the-door product that I use when I'm running late and don't want to compromise on looking polished.

Typically I apply it to the apples of my cheeks using a MAC #187 Dual Fibre Face Brush (aka skunk brush). This is the funky brush that has both black and white bristles. I choose this brush to get just the right amount of the product on my cheeks. Since the pot rouge is cream based, you want to apply it sparingly and this brush suits this purpose well. You can also get a very natural look by applying with your fingers or a foundation brush. For extra staying power, I'll then apply just a tad of powder blush to help lock in the color all day.

I'll also blot on just a dot or two to my lips and top it off with a clear gloss. It works well on its own, however I find it can be drying without a moisturizing gloss. It's that easy!

What I especially appreciate is that a full-sized product will last you a long time. I've been using the same pot since last fall and it looks like I haven't made a dent in it.

Purchase info: Pot Rouge is available at department store Bobbi Brown counters and BobbiBrown.com. It retails for $22 and is available in eight shades. My favorite shades are Powder Pink and Pink Truffle. Both are perfect for fair to medium skin tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...