Thursday, July 16, 2009

Staying Hydrated with Avène Thermal Spring Water

During the warm summer months, I am constantly chugging water to stay cool and prevent dehydration. If I'm traveling by airplane, I always bring an empty water bottle to the airport. Once I pass through security, I'll find a drinking fountain and then fill 'er up before I board my plane. In addition, I carry on a small bottle of Avène Thermal Spring Water, my favorite hydrating mist. Each hour or so, I'll gently mist my face to keep it moisturized during the flight. For me, nothing is worse than suffering from parched skin after a long flight. And this baby does the trick! It's probably my imagination, but there is a "magic" ingredient in this bottle that works better than any moisturizer I've used.

What it is: Avène Thermal Spring Water is a water spray that is packaged in a sterile compartment on the actual site of the spring. According to the company, this packaging technology, which is unique of its kind in the world, guarantees a product whose biological purity and effectiveness are completely intact.

The product is used to calm, soothe, and soften even the most sensitive skin. It is also been prescribed to treat serious dermatological conditions such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. Avène Thermal Spring Water is rich in silicate and trace elements. Its low salt mineral content does not dry out the skin

How to use it: Spray onto the skin in a fine mist. Leave on for 2 to 3 minutes, then gently pat dry. Spray on as often as necessary.

When to use it: In addition to using during travel, Avène Thermal Spring Water is ideal for:
  • After cleansing
  • After shaving or waxing
  • After exercise
  • Sunburn or other skin burns
  • Diaper rash
  • To set makeup
Purchase info: Avène Thermal Spring Water is available at select drugstores and drugstore.com. Prices start at $7.00.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great find! A cool way to refresh your skin in the summer AND it's good for you! That price is also unbeatable! Great post!
    Linda for Ouidad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. I give all of the credit to a very helpful CVS associate. She introduced me to the brand several years ago and I'm hooked.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol,
    Love that! Isn't it great when there's a sales associate that really knows their stuff?
    Linda for Ouidad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...