Monday, July 20, 2009

Not a Good Hair Week: Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo

Two weeks later and my hair is FINALLY (yes, I'm shouting) back to normal. I love experimenting with new products, but I really should know better when it comes to my hair. You see my long curly mop reacts negatively to even subtle product changes, such as a new shampoo.

The most current bad boy was Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo. Several weeks ago I received a 2 oz. sample, so I thought I'd rotate it in with my other hair products. On the first usage, my hair looked and felt fabulous. It was so silky and shiny. However, something backfired on the second, third, and fourth shampoos. The silk and shine morphed into an extremely dry and tangled mess. Even my hair color looked duller than the previous week. For some reason, the product did exactly the opposite of what it was designed to do...attract, retain, and rebalance moisture. While my experience may be the exception, I do hesitate to recommend the product to anyone with dry or color-treated hair. But if you're still curious to try it, please get a sample or travel-sized bottle first!

What it is: According to Alterna, it is a sulfate-free cleanser that attracts, retains, and rebalances moisture while it protects color and improves the overall performance of tired hair.

How to use it: Massage throughout hair and scalp. Rinse. Follow with conditioner for best results.

Purchase info: Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo is available in select salons and beauty supply stores, as well as Ulta.com. It retails for $30 (8 oz. bottle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...