Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tried-n-True Tuesdays: REN Mayblossom and Blue Cypress Balancing Cleansing Gel

I just can't do drugstore facial cleansers. I've tried many times and end up with uber dry patches or a greasy mess. I blame it on my sensitive, yet combination skin, which is super finicky. And the high-end cleansers aren't any better. My best bet is to use a non-foaming gel with few synthetic ingredients, such as sulfates, parabens, dyes, etc.

Last summer one of my best beauty finds was a recommendation from my local Sephora associate. At this time, my skin was going through an oily phase and I needed a balancing solution that would help combat the oiliness in my t-zone without stripping the "good stuff" from my drier areas. The associate gave me a sample of the REN Mayblossom and Blue Cypress Balancing Gel Cleanser, which is produced by a UK company that is dedicated to manufacturing "clean products" that don't contain skin-unfriendly ingredients. I used it faithfully for a week and immediately purchased the full-sized bottle.

This cleanser has successfully carried me through the warm, and humid, summer, as well as through the drier winter months when I usually need something more moisturizing. It just works regardless of the season.

The only drawback is that I do need to use an oil-based pre-cleanser to remove my sunscreen and makeup. The REN cleanser isn't really intended to be a makeup remover.

What it is:
A cleanser for combination, acne prone, or oily sensitive skin. I think it also works well for normal and dry skin that is sensitive.

What it is formulated to do:
A gently lathering gel wash that eliminates excess sebum and unclogs pores.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic fragrances
- Synthetic dyes
- Petro-chemicals
- Phthalates

Purchase info: REN Mayblossom and Blue Cypress Balancing Cleansing Gel is available at select Sephoras, as well as through the REN Web site. It retails for $32 for a 5.1 oz. pump bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...