Friday, June 19, 2009

An Instant Pick-Me-Up: Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

One day this week I experienced a very late night, followed by a very early morning. And normally when I don't get my beauty sleep (7-8 hours), my face almost always gives me away.

However, I recently discovered a product that is pretty darn good at camouflaging my oh-so tired face...at least short term. Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfect Mask is an intense hydrating treatment that was scientifically proven (according to a Fresh consumer panel) to have a significant moisturizing effect 6 hours after the mask is rinsed from the skin surface. If you take a look at its key ingredients, it really does pack a powerful moisturizing punch.

Active ingredients include:
  • Black tea ferment: Softens and brightens the skin to improve the overall appearance of the complexion by enhancing skin radiance and luster.
  • Lychee seed extract: Enhances elasticity and skin smoothness.
  • Sake: Detoxifies and softens the skin and is rich in proteins, amino acids, and trace minerals.
  • Hyaluronic spheres: Increase skin firmness, suppleness, and hydration.
How to use it:
  • Cleanse and towel-dry skin.
  • Apply Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask, avoiding the eye area.
  • Leave on for five to eight minutes and rinse.
  • I prefer to use in the mornings to get the full effect.
My opinion: When the mask is first applied, I immediately feel a cooling sensation. Not like the cooling effect of peppermint mouthwash, but rather like a cool wash cloth applied to the face. Even after the mask is removed, my face continues to feel cool and refreshed. And throughout the day my face seems super hydrated, but not greasy. I was really sold when my mother told me that I was glowing. Little did she know that I was functioning on less than 3 hours of sleep. I'm not telling!

Purchase info: Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask is available at Fresh stores, Sephora, and Fresh counters in most Saks and Neiman Marcus department stores. It retails for $85 (5.4 oz jar).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...