Friday, June 12, 2009

First Glance: Kiehl's Sunflower Oil Color Preserving Conditioner

Here's another one of my vacation discoveries. Sunflower Color Preserving Conditioner is one of Kiehl's newest hair products. It was released along with a similarly formulated shampoo for color-treated hair.

Sunflower Color Preserving Shampoo is a lightweight, silicone-free conditioner that helps to effectively protect color-treated hair from becoming dull and locks in moisture, while helping to repair hair weakened by chemical processing.

According to Kiehl's, it is infused with nutrient-enriched conditioning oils of sunflower – known to contain powerful levels of Vitamin E and essential fatty acids – combined with apricot, a fortifying blend of Vitamin B3, B5, and B6, and a UV-protective filter. The company's color-preserving conditioner seals and protects hair to maintain smooth, shiny hair for optimal manageability and styling without unnecessary breakage. Utilizing a silicone-free formula which doesn’t weigh hair down, it gently, yet protective conditioner helps extend color vibrancy and deeply moisturizes and detangles hair, leaving it silky-smooth and shiny.

What I especially like...
  • It smells yummy, just like a tropical fruit salad. My guess is that the apricot oil is providing this awesome aroma.

  • A quarter dollop is all I need for hydrating my mop. I have tons of curly hair and I prefer a concentrated formula that will carry me through a month or so.

  • It brings out my highlights! The funny thing is that I haven't had my highlights touched up for nearly a year. I'm hoping that it will also help preserve my current color, just as it promises!
Purchase info: Kiehl's Sunflower Oil Color Preserving Conditioner is available at Kiehl's stores and online. It retails for $19 for a 6.8 fl. oz. tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...