Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another Vacation Find: Kiehl's Abyssine Eye Cream

Every vacation I try to purposefully forget (or use up) a beauty item, so that I have an opportunity to hunt down something new on my trip. This past holiday I ran out of my much loved La Mer Eye Concentrate.

Thankfully, I was just blocks away from the original Kiehl's store in New York City. I stopped in and received a generous sample of Abyssine Eye Cream. It is a gentle formula that is designed to help deter the effects of aging on the skin while providing instant moisturization and diminishing the look of fatigue. I had read about Abyssine Eye Cream earlier in the year by another beauty blogger and this was my ideal opportunity to give it a whirl.

For me, I appreciated how quickly the cream sank into my skin with no extra shine or residue. I could then easily apply my eye makeup and concealer without worrying about my makeup traveling southward. It also hydrated my delicate eye area all day, and I didn't experience any flaking or dry patches. Plus, I found it worked equally well as both a daytime and nighttime treatment. No need for two different products.

While I'm still very much attached to my La Mer, I shudder at its hefty price tag ($165 for .5 oz.) I will definitely consider switching to Abyssine Eye Cream and pocket the extra cash for something really important...like an iPhone.

Purchase info: Abyssine Eye Cream is available at your local Kiehl's store, as well as Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, and more. It retails for $32 (.5 oz jar).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...