Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 9 - Shop Your Stash: Bobbi Brown Shimmering Nudes Palette

I've just been reunited with one of my favorite gems of 2008...

Bobbi Brown Shimmering Nudes Palette is probably one of the first eye shadow collections that I bought sight unseen. I'm just not a risk taker when it comes to buying items of color (lips, eyes, foundation, etc.) without trying them first. Will it be too dark, too light, wrong hue, too much shimmer? You get the picture.

After following all of the makeup blog chatter for two weeks, I caved. You see the limited edition palette wasn't available in stores yet and I was afraid I'd miss out if I didn't order immediately.

Thankfully, I trusted my instinct and made the purchase. In return, I received one of the most versatile eyeshadow palettes that I've ever owned. The Shimmering Nudes Palette offers nude shadows that flatter all complexions, including:
  • A combination of high-shimmer metallic and soft, pearlized shimmer wash eye shadows
  • Espresso eye shadow to line eyes and add drama
  • A dual-ended eye shadow/ eye liner brush for professional application
I was so awestruck with the palette that I actually bought a backup -- a real first for me.

Purchase info: Bobbi Brown Shimmering Nudes Palette is available on QVC.com for $50, as well as at a few Bobbi Brown counters. But you may need to ask for it at the counters since this was a 2008 Limited Edition item. I've also spotted the palette at my local Company Cosmetic Outlet store at a reduced price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...