Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 7 - Shop Your Stash: Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Powder

I almost let this item go on a potential makeup exchange, but then I started getting second thoughts. When I originally purchased the item, I was using up a credit at a local day spa. I couldn't find anything that I really wanted, so I chose Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Powder. I figured that I had great results with her PurePressed Base Powder, a sheer and semi-matte mineral powder foundation in a compact form, so why not try the loose version.

Well...my first several attempts at using the powder weren't very successful. Within an hour of application, my face was a greasy mess. I blamed it on the humid weather and an oily spell my skin was experiencing and then tossed the loose powder to the back of my makeup drawer.

Six months later my skin was now going through yet another stage -- dryness. And my PurePressed Base Powder only made matters worse...yep, I was a scaly lizard. So out of desperation, I pulled out the Loose Powder and gave it a whirl. Simply flawless...and the perfect color match. Best of all, no greasy residue several hours later. The foundation stayed true all day and my skin glowed. I'll continue to use the Loose Powder mineral foundation until we hit the summer months and I get oilier. Then, back to the Pressed Powder formula. Don't you love combination skin!

Purchase info: Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Powder is sold at day spas, as well as the Jane Iredale Direct Web site. It retails for approximately $42.00 and is available in 17 unique shades. For a precise color match, I recommend getting a professional in-person makeup application.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...