Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 3 - Shop Your Stash: Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's the little "blue peep!" Yes, I fell for the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge hype last fall when all of the ladies on Makeup Alley were singing its praises. So, what is it you ask?

It's an odd-shaped sponge that has been morphed to help us all apply, blend, and smudge our makeup to perfection. For me, the blue peep helped me to successfully transition from my mineral makeup to liquid foundation. I was using it faithfully each day all through the winter, but then put it aside when I started using a Trish McEvoy foundation brush.

Recently, I pulled it out of my drawer and started using it again. And I must say that I was pretty impressed at how well it worked. My new trick: moisten the sponge with tap water and completely wring it out. In doing so, I found I could get a lighter, more natural foundation application. I also discovered that its pointed tip was ideal for blending my under eye concealer. While it may not have the same shelf life as a foundation brush, the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge is a great inexpensive tool that produces excellent results.

Purchase info: Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge is available exclusively at Target for $9.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...