Thursday, April 16, 2009

An Eye-Opening Revelation on Eye Liner

Since the beginning of my makeup exploration in the 80's, I've outlined my lower eyelids with liner. And I've always felt naked without it. Who knows what influenced my liner technique -- those popular teen fashion magazines or my first visit to a Clinique makeup counter? In any case, I've always applied my liner the same way regardless of the product I've used. And believe me, I've experimented with quite a few different types of products, from eye pencils to gels to powders.

I've constantly been on the lookout (no pun intended) for the perfect product. One that doesn't smudge, run, or flake. And one that doesn't budge all day long. I've tried them all, and I still get a similar side effect...a smeared under eye mess.

At first I thought the problem could be my mascara and I eventually stopped using it on my lower lashes. Well that did improve the problem, but not significantly. Then, I blamed the mess on my concealer and eye cream. I'm sure that they didn't help the situation, but alas, they were not the culprit. Finally, I realized that my under-eye area just doesn't like eye liner. So does that mean I should go bare on my lower lash area? Yep...that was my conclusion.

It's only been two weeks now, but I'm trying to relearn my liner ways. The hardest part is seeing myself without my faithful lower liner.

Nevertheless, my new technique was recently endorsed by a very experienced makeup artist who shared this tidbit of wisdom, "Eye liner on the lower lash lines will age you instantly." Enough said...I'm going bare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...