Sunday, April 26, 2009

Beauty Reflection: Why Everyone Needs a Little Girl Friend Time

I confess that I don't spend enough quality time with my best gal pals. For some reason, this much-loved activity tends to fall to the bottom of my priorities.

Yet this weekend I was reminded why it is so important to share several hours each week with your girl friends. On Saturday, I attended the Nordstrom Spring Cosmetic Trunk Show with one of my closest friends. She's not a complete beauty product fanatic like yours truly, but she willingly marches with me to the beauty counter or the nearest Sephora.

At the show, we learned about some of the season's hottest runway looks, beauty essentials, and tips and tricks from the creators of our favorite beauty brands. While it provided relevant information and influenced a bag or two of purchases, the show also gave us the opportunity to spend time together. We laughed and really caught up on what was happening in our lives. No kids, no pets, no spouses, and no interruptions. And when was the last time this happened?

When I dropped her off at home four hours later, I reflected on our morning together and vowed that I wouldn't wait another two months to make time for my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...