Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tried-n-True Tuesdays: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

Note: Each Tuesday Beauty through the Looking Glass will feature a product that has proven itself "tried and true" for a minimum of 6 months. It will be one of those items that are reached for on a near-daily basis and have been purchased multiple times.

One of my all-time favorite makeup removers is from DHC, a leading direct-mail skincare company in Japan. The Deep Cleansing Oil is a beauty cult favorite and DHC's most popular product worldwide. I'm on a least bottle number 7, so I'm sold!

What it is: An oil-based
cleanser, suitable for all skin types, that glides on smoothly to dissolve dirt and makeup effortlessly with virgin olive oil. It rinses clean without residue.

How to use it: Use dry hands to massage 1–2 pumps of Deep Cleansing Oil onto dry face to dissolve dirt, makeup, and other impurities. Massage for 30 seconds to lift makeup from skin. Rinse with lukewarm water. Do NOT add water to this product until ready to rinse off.

My opinion: I've been reaching for this product since 2006 to completely remove my sunscreen and makeup, including waterproof mascara. It does the job beautifully without stripping my skin of its natural oils or making it greasy. It simply just works. I will then follow with my regular gel-based cleanser to ensure that I thoroughly clean my pores, while others prefer to use the Deep Cleansing Oil as a single-step makeup and facial cleanser.

I also use the Deep Cleansing Oil to deep clean my makeup brushes. I'm amazed at all of the gunk it removes when compared to my other brush cleansers. The only trick is that you'll need to rinse several times!


Purchase info: The Deep Cleansing Oil is available on the DHC Web site. Prices range from $12.50 to $25.00 depending on the various sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...