Monday, March 23, 2009

In the News: Clarins is pushing for more recognition in the U.S.

According to today's Wall Street Journal, Clarins will soon be opening spas inside department stores. In addition, new products, counters, and services will be launched throughout 2009 to gain wider brand recognition here in the U.S. Currently, Clarins is known in the U.S. primarily for its sunscreen and self-tanners than its other big sellers: facial products. Here's an excerpt from the WST Journal article.

"We're famous in the U.S. for only a small part of our business," says Jonathan Zrihen, the Clarins U.S. president charged for retooling the brands reputation among Americans. "I'm changing our image to be seen as the total expert in skin care, not just one part of it."

As I read this article, I realized that I too have very little experience with Clarins products other than its UV Plus Day Screen SPF 40. I purchased this facial sunscreen several years ago when I was on the pursuit of a physical sunscreen. Nevertheless, the company's other products are a complete mystery to me.

So...I moseyed on over to the Clarins Web site to see what I could find. To my surprise, I found a zillion skincare and makeup products, including specialty lines for men, pregnant women, as well as the company's "Clarins on Campus" project. It is described as "A fun way for college students to earn some extra cash hosting parties for friends and classmates! It’s an amazing entrepreneurial opportunity and a great way to add more beauty products to your bag." Interesting...

I look forward to watching the Clarins brand evolve in the U.S. I wonder what I'll fall for next!

Credit: The Wall Street Journal, March 23 2009 edition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...